When you crank up your AC all the way, you expect nothing but cold air through those vents. However, this may not always be the case. Summer months can be unbearable behind the wheel without a working air conditioner. If your car suffers from inefficient air conditioning in Dunwoody, trust our auto technicians for quality AC repair.
The technicians at McCullough NAPA Auto Care are all ASE-Certified and trained on how best to fix your AC issue when you need it most. We are conveniently located at 5810 Roswell Road in North Atlanta, off of 285.
Signs Your Car Needs AC Repair
The following signs help determine if you need to schedule an AC service appointment.
- Blowing hot air. The most common cause of an ineffective AC system is depleted refrigerant. Refrigerant is what cools down the air within the system. There could also be mold built up within the system’s evaporator, which as a result, prevents air from reaching the vents. These are both things we look for when you bring your vehicle into our garage.
- Blows cold are sporadically. If you use your air conditioning frequently, chances are you’ll be able to tell when it’s not performing how it should. A lack of coolant can lead to a lack in performance. Furthermore, so can a broken part. Our technicians inspect the entire air conditioning unit in order to find the issue and fix it fast.
- Unusual noises. Air conditioning systems are designed to be quiet. Loud or squealing sounds are not normal, and could be caused as a result of a faulty compressor. The compressor is responsible for pressurizing refrigerant properly and forcing it through the vents. As time passes, a compressor will undergo wear and tear. In this case, that wear and tear may be what is causing those unusual sounds.
- Strange odor. The air coming from your vents should not smell bad. An old cabin air filter can lead to foul smells. Filters are easy and cheap to replace. Mold and mildew may also be responsible for producing foul odors. Given these points, our professional technicians can rid your cabin of these smells upon inspection.
Our ACE-Certified Technicians can determine the root cause and give your system new life. Quality AC repair for your car has never been easier in Dunwoody, thanks to McCullough NAPA Auto Care.
AC Refrigerant Recharge Service
The reason for a lack of cold air is due often times to a lack of refrigerant in your AC system. Refrigerant is responsible for cooling down the air that blows through your vents. If you’re experiencing warm forced air from the vents, it could be because of low refrigerant levels. In time refrigerant will deplete with use. This service is fast and helps to at least pinpoint the cause for error.
An AC recharge service will drain your air conditioning system of any existing coolant. Afterwards we replenish the system with a fresh refrigerant. If the system is still blowing warm air, at this point we know it’s not due to a lack of refrigerant.
We’ll also inspect your vehicle’s temperature control and pressure systems to make sure all the parts are working as they should. Additionally, we can determine if any of these parts have a leak. We will explain what a fix will entail and outline next steps to get you on the road fast. All things considered, a recharge service is quick and less costly than having to replace a component.
List Of Auto AC Repair Services In Dunwoody
- AC Diagnosis
- Compressor Replacement
- Condenser Replacement
- Evaporator Replacement
- Evaporator Temperature Sensor Replacement
- Expansion Valve Replacement
- Receiver Drier Assembly Replacement
- Refrigerant Recover
- Refrigerant Refresh
- System Leak Inspection